Saturday, October 25, 2014

Top End Barra Series Round 5

Round 5 was held in Bynoe Harbour.
I headed down late Friday to have a quick look around and then joined up with Craig and Dan for an enjoyable night.
Up Sat morning and back to ramp to pick up James who due to a slight miscommunication arrived late after checking out a couple of the other Bynoe boat ramps.
Fished a few places where I had caught fish on other trips, but it wasn't until we headed into Phoenix Inlet that we started to find some fish.
By the end of the day I had a 67cm scorer and James a 57cm.



After along day, we headed out to the mouth of Phoenix and dropped anchor for the night.
What followed was an epic 15 boat raft up with music, tall tales, copious amounts of alcohol, someone falling out of their boat only to get back in , fall over and end up with a lure attached to their rear end and lots of laughter.

The next day was much the same as before except I could not land a barra. James increased his tally with a 53cm and a 51cm.



Over the round 95 scoring barra were landed.
Overall results placed James at 13th and myself at 23rd.
One more round to go, the Adelaide River mouth, one of my favourite spots, so hopefully I can do well and better my last year placing of 17th overall for the year.

Until next time,
Tight lines every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment